12th Annual Workshop on Numerical Methods
for Problems with Layer Phenomena
Dedicated to the 65th birthday of Hans-Görg Roos
Thursday, 9th - Friday, 10th April 2015
A two day workshop is being organised by the Institute of Numerical Mathematics
, Technical University of Dresden
The aim of the workshop is to bring together people, in the mathematics and general scientific community, who have particular interests in the development and applications of numerical methods for problems that exhibit layer phenomena, such as boundary/interior layers in fluid flow and other applications.
The previous meeting in this series was 11th Annual Workshop on Numerical Methods for Problems with Layer Phenomena 2014
- Deadline: 28th February 2015
- If you are interested in participating, please email the organisers (at email@example.com) with your name and affiliation by this date. If you wish to give a talk, please include the title and abstract (if possible) in your registration email.
Abstracts and Talks
- Each speaker is invited to submit an abstract of his/her talk. A collection of (extended) abstracts will be published by the beginning of the workshop. The abstracts are invited to be submitted as LaTeX files, whose length including figures and references should not exceed 2 pages. LaTeX files to prepare your abstract may be found here: Sample abstract, LaTeX document-class file (right click and choose Save Link As...).
- Each contributed talk should not exceed 20 minutes (including a short discussion). We will provide a laptop and a data projector for the presentation.
- There will be a conference dinner on Thursday evening in the Restaurant Carolaschlösschen in the park Großer Garten. The participation costs 30 EUR per person.
- If the weather provides we shall have a small hiking tour in the Sächsiche Schweiz on Saturday. You are welcome to join us.
- There is no registration fee; tea and coffee will be provided. Lunch each day will be at the participants' expense.
- A number of rooms has been reserved at the Gästehause "Am Weberplatz" (60€ per night, breakfast inclusive). Each participant may reserve a room by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are attending the workshop on layer phenomena.
Alternatively, there are many hotels nearby. If you have any difficulty getting in touch with any of the hotels, please do not hesitate to contact the organisers.
If you need any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
- Sebastian Franz
- Natalia Kopteva
- Torsten Linß
- Gunar Matthies
- Martin Schopf